Below is a basic agenda that you can cover in the Parents’ Meeting.
Goal for the Season: Want players to return next year.
Coach’s Background: Talk about your background and why you are coaching.
Schedule: Talk about where games are, when they will be, practices, etc.
Equipment: Talk about equipment players need — i.e. a glove (bats are usually not needed as they’re provided by the team).
Practice at home: Talk about what parents need to practice at home — usually some whiffle balls are very good and tennis balls.
- ASSISTANT COACHES — I plan to have several, so please volunteer.
- SNACK COORDINATOR — Someone has to be in charge of who brings snacks after the games — for kids this is a very big deal. Most questions during the game will be, “HEY, WHAT ARE WE HAVING FOR A SNACK?”
- FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR — This person will deal with all the fundraising needs of the league.
- TEAM PICTURE COORDINATOR — This person will deal with sharing pictures and with handling the team photo with the league.
- RSVP COORDINATOR — This person will make sure I know who is coming to each game and practice. We’ll have a web site up and running that allows you to easily click YES or NO if you are coming, but we need someone to make sure people click on YES or click on NO.